Last year, I had such a good time with my 30 Before 30 list that I’ve decided to keep the goal setting going by making a new list for year thirty! The thing I love about having lists like this is that it forces me to be intentional with my time and to prioritize my moments so that at the end of the day, I’m filling it with things that matter to me. You can read my Year Thirty list below, and I’ll do my best to update it as things get crossed off.
- Go on a star-gazing date.
- Participate in a color run.
Pay a stranger’s restaurant bill. Visit Kitengela Hot Glass
- Have a legit picnic (not just pb&j’s, a real deal, movie worthy picnic!)
Start listening to more podcasts and audiobooks.
- Get a couple’s massage.
Visit Lamu Island.
- Go to a Blankets & Wine concert in Nairobi.
- Make an apple pie.
Lose ten pounds.Now, I’m going try and lose another ten pounds!
- Start Swahili lessons.
- Explore a new city.
- Grow my hair really long.
- Go on a family camping trip.
Shop at Toi Market. Play in the rain with Shiloh.
- Learn to take better photos with our DSLR.
Get Shiloh into a good bed time routine. Make cinnamon rolls.
- Host a holiday party.
- Get connected to a small group at church.
- Learn how to make bread and butter pickles for Shawn (can’t find them here in Nairobi)
Visit the Kitengela Glass Factory
- Start volunteering with a local nonprofit monthly.
- Complete the #30DayAbChallenge
- Do a DIY project for the house.
Surprise Shiloh with an ice cream date
- Find a way to make money from home.
Try a new type of cuisine.
- Watch a sunset from Ngong Hills.
Surprise Shawn with an epic date night. Start making photo books with all of our family events and trips. See a musical in Nairobi. Get a pedicure from a “fish spa”.